Farm Plates

What Are Farm Stickers?

Wyoming does not have farm plates, only farm stickers that the Treasurer's Office issues upon request. The stickers are added to standard license plates in addition to the expiration date stickers.  There is no charge for farm stickers.

Farm stickers can be issued for trucks and trailers used by any farmer or rancher for transportation of:

  • livestock, feed or unprocessed agricultural products owned and produced by the farmer or rancher from the place of production to market
  • ranch supplies intended solely for the use of the farmer or rancher, and not for sale, on the return trip.

Farm stickers cannot be used for the transportation of goods and persons for hire.

Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 3.34.59 PM

Why Would You Need Farm Stickers?

Farm Stickers exempt farm vehicles that are within 150 miles of their source (Ranch, Farm, Field, Distribution Point) from certain parts of the MAP-21 requirements.

About MAP-21

On July 6, 2012, President Obama signed into law a new two year transportation reauthorization bill, the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act ("MAP-21"). This new law includes many important provisions intended to help the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) in its important mission to reduce crashes, injuries and fatalities involving large trucks and buses. Many of the provisions in MAP-21 track the Agency's strategic framework to improve commercial motor vehicle (CMV) safety by supporting its three core principles:

  • Raise the bar to enter the industry and operate on our roads;
  • Hold motor carrier and drivers to the highest safety standards to continue operations; and
  • Remove the highest risk drivers, vehicles, and carriers from our roads and prevent them from operating.