Moving Permit

The Converse County Treasurer's Office requires that 2 criteria to be met before a moving permit is issued for a Mobile Home.
  • Title
  • The current years taxes to be paid in full
This is from the Wyoming Statute 31-2-508 which states:
  • Before any transportable home or portion thereof, whose original movement commences within the state of Wyoming is conveyed upon any street or highway, the owner shall present a proof of ownership for each portion of a pre-built or modular home, or a certificate of title if for a mobile home, to the county treasurer of the county in which the transportable home is located, and pay the current year's taxes as computed by the county treasurer. 

    In the event the ad valorem levy has not been set for the current year, the current year's tax shall be computed upon the levy for the previous year. Upon full payment of the current year's taxes due, the county treasurer shall issue a receipt describing the transportable home and indicating the current year's taxes are paid. Upon presentation of the receipt to the director of the department of transportation, or his authorized representative, the owner may be issued an over-width permit.
Upon payment of the current years taxes, and once the title has been presented, the Treasurer's Office will complete a form for a Moving Permit. This form is then brought or faxed to your nearest Port of Entry office for the actual permits to be placed on the Mobile Home.


As of April 1st, 2019, the local Department of Transportation in Douglas will no longer issue the Moving Permits for mobile homes.  They have switched to the Port of Entries handling the approval process, and the Ports will now take the applications and issue the permits.

We have the application for Faxed Permits, along with an informational sheet that shows all phone numbers and faxes for the Port of Entry closest to you.